This is low energy UV system works using modified conventional type lamps. These give out a specific frequency that cures special low energy inks. The benefit is you need less lamps to cure.This technology has been around since 2010 and has many good inks and coatings available.
By using only one UV lamp and special UV inks, the benefits are as follows:
- Low cost outlay
- Low power consumption – one quarter compared to standard UV.
- No more powder required.
- The sheets are 100% dried at high speeds and ready to go.
- Multiple substrates can now be printed on.
- No stock deformation as very little heat is produced.
- No dry back.
- Super high gloss coatings and dramatic colours are now available.